Fishing, Boating, and Sight-Seeing on Lake Isabella
Just one hour northeast of Bakersfield, where Highway 178 meets Highway 155, lies Lake Isabella between two sections of the Sequoia National Forest. Get there by traveling scenic Kern River Canyon Road. You’ll see beautiful scenery the entire way. Ringed by the Sierra Nevada mountain range and at an elevation of 2500 feet, Lake Isabella’s gleaming blue waters beckon you to bring your boat and your fishing gear and spend the day at peace with nature.
Year-Round Fun at Lake Isabella
Take a little day trip. When you visit Lake Isabella, you’re near all sorts of wonderful things to do.
- Silver City Ghost Town – Never a real town, but not a movie set either, Silver City looks so authentic because it’s made of actual historic buildings, rescued from other old towns and brought together at Silver City. Go there – it’s the next best thing to the real Old West.
- Hoist a Cold One – Kern River Brewing Company is nearby in the small town of Kernville at 13415 Sierra Way. This microbrewery is open 7 days a week and has live music on the weekends. Try their beer sampler with classic brews like Isabella Blonde, Sequoia Red, Just Outstanding IPA, and Class V Stout.
- Fishing and Water Sports – Fully stocked with wily fish, and home of one of the nation’s largest trout derbies, Lake Isabella also offers water skiing, wind surfing, and relaxing on the Kern River that flows into and out of this scenic man-made lake.
Don’t feel like driving?
Just stay put at Orange Grove RV Park and relax! Great amenities provide plenty of fun things to do right here…
- Sparking clean swimming pool with chaise lounges
- Fully-equipped gym
- Three dog parks and dog walks all around the park
- The Lodge – a rustic hunting lodge with fireplace, big-screen TV, card table, bar area, and upstairs billiard room
- The Barn – a spacious, hall with kitchen and BBQ facilities, perfect for a large group
Do you have teenagers with you? Give them a couple of brushes and let them beautify the RV or automobile in our onsite RV & Car Wash.